For people facing life-threatening illness, we provide high-quality palliative care, providing support and comfort for both the patient and their family.
This supportive care helps the patient cope with their condition and treatment whilst managing pain and other symptoms. The goal of palliative care is to provide the best quality of life possible for patients and their families within a friendly and comfortable environment. Palliative care aims to:
- Affirm life and regard dying as a normal process
- Integrate the psychological and spiritual aspects of patient care
- Provide relief from pain and other distressing symptoms
- Offer a support system to help patients live as actively as possible until death
- Offer a support system to help the family cope during the patient’s illness and in their own bereavement
Our highly-trained staff are specialised in providing palliative care and each of our homes has been designed to provide a caring environment for patients where dignity and self-respect are promoted at all times. The homes within our group that provide palliative care for older people are:
- Brentwood Care Centre (Essex)
- Maidstone Care Centre (Kent)
- Manton Heights Care Centre (Bedford)
- Orchard House Nursing Home (Wisbech, Cambridgeshire)
- Park View Care Centre (Ashford, Kent)
- Queens Court Nursing Home (Buckhurst Hill, Greater London)
- The Romford Nursing Care Centre (Greater London)
- The Withens Nursing Home (Southfleet, Kent)
- The Woodlands Care Centre (Cambridge)
Paying for Palliative Care
If your capital and savings are below a certain limit, your local council may be able to pay for all or part of your care fees.
We’re here to answer all your questions and help you find the best care home to match your specific requirements. Please click on the home of your choice from the list above to contact the home directly or complete our enquiry form and we?ll be in touch with you as soon as possible.
Alternatively, you can telephone our Head Office on 020 8554 5600 (M-F 09:00 to 17:00).